Blog Participation Guidelines
The Bank of Missouri is pleased that you are part of our community and encourage you to participate in the conversation with your own experiences, suggestions and thoughts. To keep the discussion relevant and appropriate for everyone, we request that you follow these guidelines when you post to the blog (the “Blog”).
You are fully responsible for everything that you post and must be over age 13 to participate.
- HTML comments are not allowed and will be removed.
- Any communication or material you do transmit or post to the Blog will be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary. Any submission of information posted to the Blog shall constitute an assignment to The Bank of Missouri of all right, title, and interest in all copyrights and other intellectual property rights in such submission. Anything you transmit or post to the Blog shall be deemed the property of and may be used by The Bank of Missouri for any purpose. The Bank of Missouri is free to use and shall be deemed to own, any ideas, concepts, know-how, or techniques contained in any communication you submit to the Blog for any purpose. The Bank of Missouri may edit, copy, publish, distribute, translate, and otherwise use in any medium any submission that you post to the Blog or any other communication or material you transmit or post to the Blog. The Bank of Missouri is and shall be under no obligation to: (1) maintain any of your submissions in confidence; (2) to pay to you any compensation for any submissions; or (3) to respond to any of your submissions.
- Linking (including a hyperlink in a blog post to allow the reader to conveniently direct their browser to another internet page) to another website does not constitute an endorsement of the content that is contained at the destination page of the link. The Bank of Missouri is not making any representations as to the content, safety, quality or appropriateness of any such linked site and you follow all links at your own risk.
- All links to third party content will be specially denoted, unless such link is governed by a nationally recognized party such as Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus etc. If you are an employee of The Bank of Missouri, you must disclose your affiliation to the bank.
- We do not allow any of the following to be discussed, and will remove comments that contain the following:
- Confidential Information: Please be safe on social media, and don’t ever post confidential information including account numbers, social security numbers, PINs, addresses, phone numbers or any other sensitive financial information. Do not post any content which discloses any confidential or non-public third party information which you do not have permission and/or authority to disclose. If you would like help with your Bank of Missouri account(s), please call our Customer Service Center at 888-547-6541. Please see The Bank of Missouri’s security center section on “Safeguarding Your Information and Accounts” for additional information.
- Illegal: We abide and comply will all laws and regulations, and do not allow any comments that infringe on copyrights, trade secrets or content that violates or infringes the rights of any person or entity including, but not limited to, privacy, publicity and/or intellectual property rights, including the copyrights and brand rights of The Bank of Missouri and/or of third parties, or content that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to laws or regulations. If you find something on this site that is protected under your copyright, please send us a notice to remove it. We follow all copyright laws. For more information on copyrights, visit: https://www.copyright.gov/
- Offensive Language: Please refrain from posting anything offensive, which includes: vulgarity, swears, racial slurs, sexual harassment, explicit language, or hateful content. No defamatory, slanderous, libelous, or obscene messages are allowed.
- Discriminatory Content. Please do not post content that promotes bigotry, racism, sexism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Personal Insults or Attacks: We will not tolerate personal insults or attacks.
- Commentators blocked: Anyone who violates these Terms and Conditions may be blocked from future access and/or commenting on the The Bank of Missouri Blog.
- Spam links or suspicious posts: We will not allow any spam, direct or indirect selling or promotions of you or your company. We reserve the right to block and to employ tools designed to detect and block links to objects containing or comprising malware.